- 1/2 kilo fresh clams(halaan)
- 1 bundle chili leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 cups water or soup from rice cooking(sabaw-sinaing)
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce(patis) or salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper butter or cooking oil
- Wash the clams thoroughly and drain. Place the clams in a container with water and salt. Cover and let it sit for several hours or overnight. This will allow the clams to expel sand.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and saute ginger, garlic and onion until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, saute for 3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and the clams. saute for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in water. Cover and let boil.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and ground pepper.
- Continue cooking over a high heat until clams open.
- Add chili leaves then turn off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy!